Guest Blogger Emily Johnston is a photographer who loves the sense of freedom travelling gives her. In this episode she talks about the power that lies within all of us.
One of my favourite Yogi Bhajan quotes is:
‘Show some respect for your hidden power. Awaken it!'
By ‘power' I believe he meant talent, gift, capability and expertise. In my opinion every single one of us has a hidden power, and it is this unique power that is the reasons why we are here today – living on this world in this lifetime.
However, many of us have been taught to turn down our power, brainwashed into thinking a mundane life is acceptable. But playing it safe or small is no longer an option. The world is in desperate need of more miracle-minded people, just like you, to wake up to their true power and purpose.
So, stop wrestling with your ego who, lets face it, is not your amigo, as it often tries to talk us out of all the good things in life. Do what makes you feel happy instead.
When you feel great, you attract greatness, otherwise known as success. So, ask yourself what makes you feel great ? Then make it your mission to do just that, and have a whole load of fun along the way.
And if you are still feeling the fear, first, read my last post on feeling the fear and doing it anyway, and second, take yourself out of the situation and do it for those around you.
There is no greater way to tap into your power than to be in service. If you’re feeling disempowered, immediately find a way to serve by doing something, anything, that utilises your power and helps others. This action will instantly remind you of how powerful you truly are and reinforce the essential idea that your power is best used to light up and serve the world.
Allow yourself to be the light and let that light shine brightly on all those who flow in and out of your life. After all, as I’ve said before, like attracts like. The energy that we bring to a situation determines what we will receive back. If you want people to believe in you and your business, you have to start believing in you and your business.
10 signs you’ve discovered your inner power when it comes to your business:
- You’re a little freaked out by the magnitude of everything that you have to do – not because you don’t want to do it, but because you want so badly to succeed.
- You get a little twinkle in your eye and can’t stop smiling whenever you’re asked what you do or would like to do.
- You’d rather stay up brainstorming and researching than watching TV.
- You’ve got an ravenous appetite for books, blog articles and anything else that you can get your hands on related to your field.
- Your head is constantly spinning with ideas. You have aha moments in the car, in the shower, in the supermarket and many other random locations.
- You’re constantly thinking of ways to improve your life and the lives of others through your business.
- When you think of a life without your passion, you feel empty.
- You’ve found yourself cutting out negative thinkers from your life. You won’t let small minds talk you out of big ideas!
- Following your dreams has taught you that you are no longer willing to settle for just a job that pays the bills but crushes your soul.
- You found yourself nodding throughout this list, reaffirming that you’ve found your place. And knowing that you’re courageous enough to unleash your hidden power, gives you a completely indescribable feeling in the most wonderful way.
Go awaken your power !!
Images: Emily Johnston